Slow down this season with our Slow Braised Sirloin – flavoured with earthy green herbs, slightly charred
and topped with a sweet and sour cucumber pickle. Pair with a glass of Warwick Professor Pitch Black
and get cozy!
Preparation time: 15 minutes | Cooking time: 1 hour | Serves 6
- 10g of coriander and thyme each
- 1.2kg sirloin
- 60ml olive oil
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 400g tinned tomatoes, chopped
- 80g butter
- 5g flat-leaf parsley and coriander each, finely chopped
For the quick cucumber pickle
- 150ml apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp castor sugar
- 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- Crème fraîche and toasted pita
How to make it
- Place the coriander and thyme in a large baking tray to form a bed. Place the sirloin on top of
this. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Add the chopped tinned tomatoes to
the baking tray and a knob of butter. Place in a preheated oven of 160 °C and cook for 30 – 40
minutes, or until medium-rare.
- Turn the oven to grill for the last 7 – 10 minutes, to slightly char the fatty part on top.
- In the meantime, place the vinegar, castor sugar and cucumber in a small bowl and leave to
- Once the sirloin is cooked, slice it thinly and sprinkle with a final dash of salt. Place on a large
platter. Mix the chopped parsley and coriander into the tomato sauce left in the baking tray and
pour over the meat.
- Serve with the cucumber pickle, toasted pita, crème fraîche and a glass of Warwick Professor Pitch Black.